Monday, January 28, 2013

What do you expect of me?

What do you expect of me?

These are words typically spoken by someone who is not worried about meeting expectations, as much as feeling afraid of failing.

It is common to project your fears of failure onto another person in an attempt to avoid failing once again. "Just tell me what you expect of me."It is as if you are asking for the rules of the game. "How do I play? What am I suppose to do?" This is a person that craves direction from another (to alleviate their fear) , and yet desires to be an independent thinker and a leader (to feel successful).

The truth is that the other person does not expect anything from you.

It is your need to get it right, to succeed, to make another person happy.
You don" really need to be told what to do.
You can do what you need to do.

What do I expect of me?
To be true to who I really am, and not what others tell me.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment