Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to Work...

As I ready to return to my regularly scheduled work life, I am reminded of a quote from Dr. Seuss:

                              Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.

I chose to take some time this Holiday Season to immerse myself in the wonderful experience of being with family and friends. I can truly say that I loved every minute of it. As is true for many people, I feel sad to see it end. It saddens me to say goodbye to the precious time with family and friends, and the days without time pressures and demands. But like other experiences, it is necessary to say goodbye and to separate ourselves from that which is leaving us. Have you ever noticed the word good in the word goodbye? That is not random. Unfortunately, we as humans are terrible with saying goodbye. We would rather sneak out without being noticed or sever ties completely than to simply say a good bye. We prefer to avoid the feelings of sadness, fear or shame that often accompanies a goodbye, and so sadly we make it a bad  (unhealthy) bye. We dislike separation, despite the fact that they cannot be avoided in this journey in life. Separation happens, and so why not learn to make all of your Byes GOOD?!  

Learn to let go with gratitude for the person, place or experience knowing how it enhanced your living. Be grateful for what you did experience, rather than attaching to the loss of it. Afterall, what would your life been like if you had not had that time or that experience? Let go with love and gratitude. And more importantly, turn toward the good that awaits you! Enjoy all the moments that life has to offer...     

No comments:

Post a Comment