Christmas is fast approaching. Although this time of year is most noted for being happy and joyful, there are some people who lose sight of the beauty and magic of this special time of year. Sadly Christmas can feel like a burden if your focus is on the buying, the baking, the wrapping and the decorating.Christmas can feel overwhelming when you think about all that needs to get done in only a few short weeks. Here are a few tips for making Christmas merrier:
1. Take time for yourself
2. Remember to choose fun things to do.
3. Make a list of what you need to do and cross items off as you accomplish them.
4. Minimize what you have to do (obligations), so that you have more time to do what you want to do.
5. Play Christmas music in your car and in your home.
6. Wrap a few presents each day.
7. Take a day off of work to go Christmas shopping or to wrap presents.
8. Watch at least one Christmas classic.
9. Keep in mind that gifts are meant to be thoughtful, not expensive. Do not fuss over what to get people. Make it easy.
10. Sit in the dark room with the Christmas tree lights on and remind yourself how very blessed you are.