Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Christmas Card or Letter

Why do people send Christmas cards and letters? With so many other things to do, wouldn’t it be nice to take one task off of the list? After all, there are many people who do not even bother. If they can get away with it, then you probably can too. Maybe they won’t even notice.  The truth is that sending a Christmas card is really more than buying and signing a card and getting it to the post office. Christmas cards and letters are about connection. It is a way in which you stay connected to those that you do not see on a regular basis. It is a way of saying that you have not forgotten them and that you value their presence in your life. I know that for me, I enjoy receiving such cards and letters. I especially enjoy when people send pictures of their families or letters that tell me what they have been doing in their lives. I value this connection. Some cards and letters make me chuckle, while others are heartfelt. All I know is I love to stop at my mailbox and see those envelopes there. I enjoy staying connected to people in my life, even if it is only through an annual card and well wishes. How do you stay connected with those you value?  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment