Sunday, July 1, 2012

Medium Eggs

As humans, we are programmed to follow the course of what is known and familiar without much conscious thought. Since losing weight, my appetite has decreased. Yet I was continuing to go to the store, pickup the large eggs that I have always purchased, and feel stuffed whenever I cooked an egg for breakfast. In some strange way, I accepted that as the only option, when indeed there are always other options. And so, this week I went to the store and consciously looked at the size difference between a large and a medium egg. (Light bulb shines over head!) I pondered for a moment. Why buy a larger egg, just because you always have? As humans we change and our needs change. Yet, we are at risk for continuing to do that which is familiar, rather than to awaken to new ways to meet our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment